A few months ago I started a project, click here, called 52 lists for 52 weeks. Seems simply enough (one might think) but it has been such a challenge for me to keep up with it. Currently I’m a few weeks late. I rarely link it up to my main blog page but bc I love the topic so much, i did.
Let me know what music, song, or artist speaks to you the most. also, feel free to recommend some great music to me!
So I am about 2 weeks late on this list, but that is okay. It was a pretty hectic last two weeks, so what are ya gonna do? CATCH UP! So that is what I’m doing.
Tonight I am watching this cool station that we just discovered on television that is hosting an hour segment on the Plain White T’s. This band is kinda known for one song in particular, Hey There Delilah, that was everywhere several years ago. This song was very catchy & I’m not sure if it is really one of my favorite songs but i like it and it got me thinking about all of my favorite songs. Writing down all of my favorite songs is kinda hard, because a lot of times I have so many favorite songs by an artist/band that trying to pick ONE song of theirs is kinda hard… so I’m going to include artists/bands too!
Before the list, you should know that I grew up on music. all kinds. i might be a preachers daughter but my mom & daddy listened to every genre of music growing up, which has given me such an appreciation for music. i remember listening to records in the living room with my mom & daddy dancing around as we all sang along. my sister would play the piano and I would dance around & sing for what seemed like forever. my sister & i would sing in church often. took piano lessons & sang for school choir. went to music camps. my mom & I always ALWAYS sing on trips in the car that last 30 mins plus. on the weekends my dad would hook up an amp & microphones & we would sing worship songs or make up songs in the living room. my brother & dad always sing and play their guitars. to this day, i love getting into my daddy’s car to push “play” on the cd changer just to see what he is listening that week. so thankful for sweet memories.
Now, I am married to a worship pastor. ha! go figure! So music is a big part of my life still. we are raising our son (& future daughters & sons) to love music just as much, if not more, than we do. Johnny can play pretty much any instrument you give to him. He often surprises me by just jumping on an instrument and playing it. I write little jingles for my family on a daily basis. johnny & will occasionally write songs together. we hope to start writing more music together soon.
life is sweet. my heart is full.
Week 14: My Favorite Songs & Artists
- Bruce Springsteen
- the eagles
- maroon 5
- kim walker
- john mayer
- johnny cash
- stevie wonder
- jason upton – run baby run (the song that God spoke to me through as he confirmed to me that I was called into ministry. this is the song that i seem to automatically go to the first moment that I begin to need some encouragement of where he wants me to go/be at/ and what he has for me next)
- Jason upton – Faith (the song that brought me through some very dark days back in 2007/2008)
- Jason upton – will of God. incredible song!
- Florence & the Machine
- carly simon – your so vein (mom & i would sing this so many times coming home from shopping trips & grocery trips when we lived an hour from the store. we would have so much fun being silly!! still do)
- Barry White – Can’t get enough of your love baby
- mandy moore – the wild hope cd
- rachel yamagata
- Shane & Shane
- damien rice – o album in particular
- ray lamontagne
- catherine mullins
- david crowder band
- Colbie Caillat
- Jack Johnson
- Johnny W. Worship.
- jeff deyo – bless the lord
- landon pigg – falling in love at a coffee shop
- yael naim
- bebo norman – a page is turned
- passion worship
- one republic
- elli young band
- jeremy riddle (in particular with bethel worship)
- at last – etta james
- intimacy – jonathan david helser